Basic Rules of Edcamp
(Borrowed from Edcamp Houston)
To give you a better idea of how Edcamp works, we wanted to share the basic rules that guide the day.
The Rule of Two Feet
– If people find themselves in situations where they are neither learning nor contributing, they are responsible for moving to another place — using their two feet to find a place where their participation is more meaningful.
Whoever comes are the right people
– This reinforces the idea that the wisdom to achieve solutions is present in the room.
Whatever happens is the only thing that could have
– This keeps the attention on the best possible effort in the present, instead of wondering endlessly about what should or could have been done.
Whenever it starts is the right time
– This reminds people that creativity cannot be controlled.
When it is over, it is over
– This encourages people to continue their discussion so long as there is energy for it. This may result in a short session not filling the entire time allotted, or it may result in a session longer than the time allotted.